Dragonchampion's HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Terran History Dialogue Could be Altered

2 posters

Go down

Terran History Dialogue Could be Altered Empty Terran History Dialogue Could be Altered

Post  Zachron Tue May 05, 2009 3:46 am

The idea isn't so much to alter the events of the history, so much as to alter the dialogue telling it. I know it's interesting to see how the world ended and the human race survived, but on the same token, I doubt people would be that eager to admit their ancestors were crooked manipulators. And considering the number of generations that would pass on the ships(over a million if the ships were only going the speed of light), as they passed between the Galaxies, would the Terradorians all have that much of a memory of their origins?

Furthermore there are some questions I have:

Is the Calendar dating A.T. a measure of how many years have passed since Terrador was discovered, or how many years have passed since the Terradorian Empire was established?

How long is the Terradorian Year? How many hours are in a Terradorian Day?

I know the "rats on the sinking ship" theory was proposed as the explanation of "who got off the planet" by the history mentioned in the first scenario of the Terradorian campaign, but wouldn't the ships have to have been intended as colony ships in the first place if they were to arrive elsewhere, intact, still alive, later on? And while the corrupt people would've bribed their way on board, wouldn't they have needed to bring some others along to be their workforce? (e.g. Engineers, janitors, doctors, computer techs, hot chicks to bear their offspring, etc.)

If the A.T. date at the start of the campaign was less than a century, how is it the humans(or their descendants rather) spread across the Galaxy so quickly, when their numbers were so few, there was an abundance of worlds to settle, and their numbers couldn't grow until they settled worlds and equipped them with infrastructures? I guess what I'm asking is, How did their numbers grow so quickly? (I mean if there were a million survivors, and every female had between 5 and 20 kids, starting at 15 to 20 years of age, the population would have still taken over a thousand years to approach enough to fill up even a measurable percentage of a galactic quadrant.)

This brings me to my next question. Were they actually filling up their worlds, or were they expanding quickly and spreading thinly? (Still looking at over a thousand years before numbers were enough to reasonably expect more than 1000 people per world, unless there was some machines that were equipped with a few trillion frozen zygotes and the ability to incubate them without human women.)

Was the abundance of Habitable worlds in the Terradore Galaxy a result of Life-Bearing worlds being commonplace, or was it a result of the Terradorians being so used to living in space that any place that could even support an artificial biosphere was good enough for them?

I'll post more questions as they come to mind.

Zachron
New Recruit
New Recruit

http://Battlescar.wikispaces.com

Back to top Go down

Terran History Dialogue Could be Altered Empty Re: Terran History Dialogue Could be Altered

Post  Dragonchampion Tue May 05, 2009 11:45 pm

First of all, welcome to the forums!

Second, These questions are simply, well, from the viewpoint of you, rather than the people themselves. Only after Ryter is introduced does the tale go to first person. For that reason, only you (the player) knows the Terradorian's history from Earth. Most of them believe that they are native Terradorians, for the Milky Way is nothing but a far cluster of stars to them.

Second, the ships were running on a new Experimental warp drive, that allowed them to get to the new Galaxy in thirty generations, but because of the embarrassment and shame of what they did to their planet, the ancestors refused to tell the Terradorians what happened on earth, and told them that they could never return.

Third, the calendar is A.T. (After Terrador's establishment)

Fourth, the years and days of the planets of Terradorian Galaxy are different, due to their different time spans. For this reason, time is measured in TS Time. (Terradorian Standard) This consists of regular 24-hour days and 364-day years.

Fifth, that question is about a section of the story I did not like writing. It seemed to be trying to draw me into a pit, and as such, became very vague, but here I what I had originally thought it would be:

1) Humans go into nuclear war
2) Humans detonate Antimatter bomb
3) Humans discover they have 3 months to get off the planet before the sun goes nova.
4) Humans make quick, easy-to-build ships
5) Corrupt people bribed their way on board the first ships, The Leviathan and the Executor, and were the first to leave.
6) The next wave of people consisted of millions on mass-transport ships with minimal systems.
7) The humans final waves attempt to board ships, but the supernova hits
Cool The remaining 995,000,000 people die on Earth when the atmosphere turns to liquid fire
9) The surviving 1,500,000 continue towards a random location, hoping to find a home.

Sixth, they managed to salvage the warp drive prototypes and create better ones, which enable extremely fast travel. Also, their numbers were not as low as you think; think of it like this:

1,500,000 people
have 2 kids each
3,000,000 people on 124 ships
they have 2 more kids each
6,000,000 people. (I am not counting the parents. they would die)
etc, etc, etc.

By the time 50 generations passed, there were about 100 million people on board only 124 ships that were about the size of a small island each. Things were crowded, and as such, they were very relieved to get breathing room when they landed, and don't you expect some people and their friends would enjoy their own, private moon or planet?

Seventh, they spread themselves pretty thin, for each family seemed to want their own planet, and if they bought the ship and supplies and claimed it, it was theirs.

Eighth, this is something I am waiting for Mnewton to make, A Biodome. The Biodomes would be built where anyone wanted a home, until the planet was colonized enough to begin terraforming it.

Post more when you want, and tell me if you want to add to any of the story or anything!
Dragonchampion
Dragonchampion
Admin

Character Card
Exp:
Terran History Dialogue Could be Altered Left_bar_bleue0/100Terran History Dialogue Could be Altered Empty_bar_bleue  (0/100)
Pack:

http://CL@chadloomis.com

Back to top Go down

Terran History Dialogue Could be Altered Empty Re: Terran History Dialogue Could be Altered

Post  Zachron Wed May 06, 2009 11:28 pm

I'm oddly satisfied by your response. While there are some staggering things to consider, it is quite well thought and well developed in skeletal terms at least. As I said, I have no objections to history itself, only questions, and you've answered them pretty well, in a manner that both explains and leaves things open. I just find that the history itself needs, if nothing else, a better context for the telling of it. Dark secrets are often best left for the wise ones to explain to beleaguered allies towards the end, or some ways(perhaps a short ways) through.

All that being said. I think you could still viably keep it the way it is, simply by adding a sentence or two before and/or after the history bit. I don't find myself in disbelief of the history sequence, only of the guy telling it so out of the blue. I'd (for the sake of brevity, and changing the story as little as possible) simply add a short statement that went along the lines of, "First off, I'd gotta come clean about a few things here..." This would both provide some context and give the narration a more intimate feel(which is the main aim of first person narration), without altering the story sequence one bit.

Zachron
New Recruit
New Recruit

http://Battlescar.wikispaces.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonchampion Thu May 07, 2009 9:02 am

Excellent Idea. Would you like to contribute? I have several others who also contribute for the storyline, and with you, that will make...

LOL. Anyways, With your additon to the Storyline Developers, I will make a Story forum.
Dragonchampion
Dragonchampion
Admin

Character Card
Exp:
Terran History Dialogue Could be Altered Left_bar_bleue0/100Terran History Dialogue Could be Altered Empty_bar_bleue  (0/100)
Pack:

http://CL@chadloomis.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum